Using ornamental trees in your landscaping can help give it form and shape along with making your yard look beautiful. When planning the landscaping you are going to use you need to make sure that you are filling in the right colors. If you are not sure what to do you can call a landscaping service for ideas or for them to do the landscaping.
Landscapes like to use trees in their gardens or yards, which can be divided into three categories.
• Evergreen-these have leaves on them all year
• Ornamental-these are foliage color-changing or flowering trees
• Shade-these have large canopies that spread and give a large amount of shade
What trees a person would use in their landscaping depends on where they live along with the maintenance and care you can give to the trees. You should also look at the other needs such as watering, pruning, and fertilizing. Your commercial landscape management company would have all this information.
Some of the ornamental trees that can be used in landscaping are:
• Maples-this is a deciduous shade tree, which means that this tree lose their leaves seasonally. If using this tree you need to make sure that you have enough room because they can grow as high as fifty to sixty feet. It is easily recognized because of the way the leaves are arranged and shaped. In the fall, the leaves can turn into orange, yellow, and / or red colors.
• Oaks-this tree is used for shade. The tree can get as tall as eighty feet and has a crown spread of three to four feet. The leaves of an oak are arranged alternately and simply, measuring four to seven inches in size. The leaves can also have seven to ten round lobes. Between the leaves and the acorns, it will have reddish-green or yellow-green flowers.
• Dogwoods-this is a tree that you will see used in many landscaping jobs as it is a favorite among others. It is also a deciduous tree that can grow up to thirty feet or larger. For a fortnight, it will bear very showy flowers in the colors of pink, red, or white. When the foliage changes it goes from bright green to shades of purple and red with shiny red fruits following this
These are just three of the many different ornamental trees that you can use in your landscaping ideas. When choosing ornamental trees make sure that they do not make your yard look overcrowded because of their height.